Sign in to follow this  
Ashkanata

Jawa with glasses/Build thread

I'm 6'1, 240ish, and I've decided to uttinni

I'm in the supply acquisition stage of my costume.   Have 10 yards of monks cloth, dye, a hockey mask, submersible lights, and some other bits and bobs.  

My current question is for my vision impaired jawa friends.  How do you wear glasses with your jawa?  -- I am not able to wear contacts because... reasons. I scratch build the helmet for my mando to accomodate my glasses.  Looking for some advice here. 

Thanks!

I wear glasses and I use a paintball mask. I removed the clear eye protection to reduce glare on flashes during pictures. Glasses fit comfortably on while wearing the mask.

Go to your local sporting goods store. I tried on two different kinds and one was definitely not comfortable for my head. Cost was about $25.00.

I’ve appeared in almost 70 events with this mask and the foam padding is starting to wear out on my forehead. Ended up using another foam and put it above that one to fix it. Not bad for that many troops.

Additionally I mounted a fan in this mask that is right in front of my mouth. Definitely helps keep it a tad cooler.

What Wendy said.

I just go blind...I do have a half mask with padding, I have tried a couple of times to wear my glasses though after a time it hurts.

BUT I just had a Brain wave. In my Ewok I use old sunglasses lenses I glue them to the eyes. I cannot see why I cant do the same with my jawa mask, I have quite a few old glasses laying around. Ok I just answered your question and fixed mine.!! 

• Like 1

I am going to use this as my mask: https://www.amazon.com/SKLZ-Shield-Full-Face-Protection-Softball/dp/B01D0UPWLI

It's designed for softball, but it's comfortable and has plenty of ventilation. I'm an adult female of your height and weight, and I wear the "Youth: Small/Medium" size. I can easily wear my glasses under it. I will be adding pipe insulation material, metal washers, and magnets to attach my LED globe eyes to the frame (see my build thread for more detail, I'll be adding photos in the next day or two).

I hope this helps!