Dennis-BCreek

What type of boot to use as base

I'm now working on my boots for my Tusken outfit.  I can't find any info that says the different Tuskens (i.e, Bantha riders, AotC, etc.) had different boots.  So, I'm going on the conclusion that Tusken boots are Tusken boots.  Every Tusken wears the same.

Now for the real question:  Is there a reason why all of the boots I've seen start with some kind of muck boots, rubber boots, etc. that look like they're already 25 pounds off-the-shelf?  Why use these waterproof boots?

I'm thinking of starting from women's faux suede winter boots.  Think Ugg boots.  I purchased a pair for about $20, sliced off most of the sole because it was too stiff, and am now in the process of wrapping them with my colored duck cloth strips.  I'll finish off the boots with a layer of Shoe Goo on the bottom, for traction.  This was/is recommended by many posts I've read.

So, why muck boots?

Thanks.

Dennis

I chose to use a generic Croc type shoe. I figured they have built in ventilation and are pretty comfortable. I glued cutoff pant legs to the tops of the Crocs and then glued my duck strips to that. 

5rfIzvj.jpg

DgwzKOO.jpg

I used sketchers walk fit. Super comfortable. I made legs wraps out of duck cloth and cut them along the back. I used Velcro for the closure. Looks just like boots and they are super Light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did the same - Walmart rain boots. Although they took really well to hot glue for me - probably the type of rubber compound used for the boots.

• Like 1

I use Crocs and wrap my legs up to the knee. I hot glued everything to the shoe.

They are super comfortable and I would suppose a whole lot cooler than a rubber boot.

I used a old pair of knee high leather boots, really comfy to wear. I cut foam wedges to fill the gaps from the heel. 

5bmTfFs.jpg

7mYcWiZ.jpg

uQGLCfK.jpg

I use a rubber motorbike boots(local made in my country)... drill a holes, sanded all side and glued the scrap fabrics...and be sure to stuffed inside boots with old news paper.. it helps the shape of the boots stay the same as you glued the fabrics on.d791c0c4eadaadfda2f36b2f8bf94572.jpg02047f72ec15e52387971a01ef538500.jpg

mine...mine...mine...mine..

I too used Walmart rubber boots. I used hot glue, shoe goo, and E6000 glue. I do need to get me some insoles though. I just never think about until I’m An hour in to a troop thinking why haven’t I bought insoles yet?

• Like 1

For my costume I'll use  wellingtons EVA foam . They are very durable and also very light.
f846abb94c3dc279med.jpg

Nice boots... is it the 'green' fabrics all the way inside boots? put innersole for comfort... is it hot?

mine...mine...mine...mine..

I also use green rubber boots, insoles help for more comfort, the heat is fine in them for me, not an issue at all.

Mine dont have the green fur look like those above and only cost around $12 online.

I use whatever the thrift store has, LOL but Navarres crocs is a pretty cool idea, the guy who Mentored me has Aqua socks and leg wraps, mine are my old ren faire kit boots broken in for 15 years most comfortable boots ever.

if you use rubber heavy boots please drill holes in the foot area for ventalation or something if you are in a hot area

In the wellingtons it is possible to pull the socks (green)  so with the temperature will not be a problem. 

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 5:36 PM, Tuskenfire said:

I too used Walmart rubber boots. I used hot glue, shoe goo, and E6000 glue. I do need to get me some insoles though. I just never think about until I’m An hour in to a troop thinking why haven’t I bought insoles yet?

Yes my insoles are a foot saver -

• Like 1