Sign in to follow this  
jodo28

Photobucket viewing issues

jodo28    0

I have been active on the forum for the last 6 months or so using multiple topics to help with my build. Recently I can no longer see any pictures embedded in the threads on any device. When I look up the photo bucket error code it brings me to there page and says I need to buy an upgraded account. This seem right to anyone else?  Hoping there is a simple work around.

Thank for your help

jodo28    0

I guess Ill answer my own question just in case anyone else didn't know and was having same problem. In a nutshell we are out of luck with viewing photo bucket photos on 3rd party sites (like this forum and all the other detachment forums) due to changes on 7/6/2017. Found a very good thread on FISD that explained whats going on. There is a work around for future photos and existing threads but I will leave to the site administrators to put that plan forward if they choose to.

thebrighton    6

As a result I've moved over to Imgur. Easy to use and none of the infuriating ads and pop ups that made Photobucket so time consuming to use.

vt357    72

I had used Dropbox for years and they did pretty much the same thing a few months ago. All my links in build threads were all deleted. I moved a bunch of stuff to Photobucket and now this. I've got everything on Flickr now, but haven't taken the time yet to update any links yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AgnesAUT    30

This might not be a long lasting solution but up to know my pictures are still visible.
I linked them that way: .... ...
Anyhow, I probably should "move" to another photo hosting page as well which is annoying.

M.J.    415

Hi ya Jodo, Most of mine were Photobucket and I am slowly transferring them to Flickr.

Sorry if some of mine are missing, over the next week or so I am fixing it.

RaiderNick    123,456,826

Photobucket decided they no longer want to be in business anymore when they decided to charge $400 a year for their garbage service when there are dozens of other better free alternatives. Third party embeds no longer work unless you pay and you will need to move to another image host, simple as that unfortunately.