Sign in to follow this  
voltiana

Just starting out

voltiana    10

Hi all

I'm Caz and I am a newbie so waves Hello everyone. I'm seeking some advice on where to get started on my Jawa costume??? Why a Jawa it suits my personality to a tee I'm not very tall and have a fun sense of humour. I'm like ok oh at starting my costume soon and wondered where's the best place to start really

Can't wait to get started

Ttfn caz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kacrut    23

Hi..Welcome to the forum... there's alot of helpfull info here about making jawa's costume and also the mask, the belt(bandolier), ion blaster, etc.. just browse the forum and asked away I'm sure everyones here gonna answer your questions related about jawa's...

Beat regards, Loui.

Sent from my Andromax using Tapatalk

M.J.    415

Hi ya Caz and Welcome!

Ah I have to love the Jawa's. I do have a thread on making the robes and eyes Here .

Also in the other Forums I touch base on "weathering" both the robe and Bandoliers.

You ask where to start, look at sourcing out your fabric. Everytime you go shopping check out shoes, gloves ..other ideas

Bandoliers are you going to make yours ? or buy from the ebay? 

Search out other peoples builds.

I have a folder of all my research on each costume, start a folder look up the jawa and keep a file. 

If you need any help once your journey has begun please don't hesitate to ask for help our throw us as many questions as you like.

Good luck and have fun!

voltiana    10

Hi Kacrut thanks for the tips I've started to buy today n a few of the pieces I need to get started looking to make the mask and eye first why the blaster is being made on our 3D printer so hopefully I will get it right

• Like 1

voltiana    10
Hi ya Caz and Welcome!

Ah I have to love the Jawa's. I do have a thread on making the robes and eyes Here .

Also in the other Forums I touch base on "weathering" both the robe and Bandoliers.

You ask where to start, look at sourcing out your fabric. Everytime you go shopping check out shoes, gloves ..other ideas

I have a folder of all my research on each costume, start a folder look up the jawa and keep a file. 

If you need any help once your journey has begun please don't hesitate to ask for help our throw us as many questions as you like.

Good luck and have fun!

Hi MJ

Thanks for the tips I've managed to source some material for the cloak and have my first piece of kit my bandolier

You mentioned in your reply tips for weathering can you drop me the link as obviously mine looks a bit too new to be a Jawa's

I've also started sourcing my mask parts getting excited to be honest can't wait to put it all together and become her or him

voltiana    10

Ok I received my British army p1903 bandolier today, I've adjusted the straps to fit next stage is to start weathering ad9111a33c1b1ebc47121fa1336e3227.jpg

• Like 1

kacrut    23

...this is the link you're looking for

http://www.kraytclan.com/forum/topic/4968-jawa-bandoliers-weathering-vinyl-and-leather/

... almost forgot..additional info for sanding I use 180-200 grit on my bandolier(faux leather) and some shoe polish(black)... hope that helps.

voltiana    10

...this is the link you're looking for

http://www.kraytclan.com/forum/topic/4968-jawa-bandoliers-weathering-vinyl-and-leather/

... almost forgot..additional info for sanding I use 180-200 grit on my bandolier(faux leather) and some shoe polish(black)... hope that helps.

Thanks for that will have a read and the. Look at getting started , I've also slowly started piecing together a blaster on a 3D printer it's getting there slowly but the finish is great e8f28541e1c7726a07ad021bca373e7d.jpg

• Like 1

voltiana    10

First attempt at making the mask base is a sieve covered in thick tights with the eyes held on with velcro

6b29381f3c9443f5b460846e0fc04090.jpg

voltiana    10
Hi ya Caz and Welcome!

Good luck and have fun!

Ok had my first attempt at weathering tonight tools rubber gloves, sandpaper, acetone and elbow grease

Does this look about right

164efaeb07492fce3b05add122979f47.jpg

10e6dc4783256ac730814e2f97d51609.jpg

voltiana    10

Bandoliers-weathering

Am I heading in the right direction ???

0be58159119729ca339583dd568046f4.jpg

fc628b62854ee4585af02cdaea014725.jpg

• Like 1

M.J.    415

Hi ya Caz,

Sorry my photos are not working in my threads atm, I'm slowly fixing that.

Nice job! your going to need some texture colouring ! I love the dry brush effect..add some browns and blacks.

I normally show with photos but of course Photobucket isnt playing ball and I'm transferring a butt load of photos over to Flickr

voltiana    10
56 minutes ago, M.J. said:

Hi ya Caz,

Sorry my photos are not working in my threads atm, I'm slowly fixing that.

Nice job! your going to need some texture colouring ! I love the dry brush effect..add some browns and blacks.

I normally show with photos but of course Photobucket isnt playing ball and I'm transferring a butt load of photos over to Flickr

Hi Mj

Thanks for the feedback, I kinda thought I was heading in the right direction but didnt want to go to far just in case, 

Caz

voltiana    10

Progress update

3D printer has finished printing all the blaster parts

4edeba468c432aa191a2dfeafd7b3756.jpg

Mask is slowly taking shape and hood has been started

e8658061d19fa7cde0537b5db7b3bff5.jpg

Mock up of the cloak has also been made

543e2c671e69f3895ba69e82a04e0362.jpg

Think I heading in the right direction

voltiana    10

Ok hood, mask and robe taking shape slowly here's my Jawa so far

297b404245990e23229e11a4140ee3c1.jpg

• Like 1

BB8 Sunil    0

That blaster looks awesome. What's the source? Last time I did a Jawa build for my son, I could only find a look alike one on thingiverse.

M.J.    415

Nice job on the  blaster!

Your off to a good start. 

The rim on your hood looking good.

Your sleeves may need to be taken in a little they are a tad  wide.

Your hood maybe a little large as well, the opening has to be a little more closed in, wrapping it around more can help this.

Here is a photo from ANH now this is one of the taller Jawas and the hood is really wrapped around, though it should give you an idea what I'm talking about, also with the sleeves.

35447314160_0b7220fe7a.jpg

Keep up with the build, its really coming along nicely 

voltiana    10

Ok further progress has been made

The hood cloak and mask are now as good as I think I can get them

82354e1c1d0442f404ed0b112c7d03ef.jpg

The bandolier has become my nemesis but the weathering appears to be going well

bbdf4dd5ec18c24f6616ce46f7df839c.jpg

As for the blaster I've primed the three large sections and started to paint the base coat that's as far as I have got so far but the rain has stopped play - I do all my spray painting outside

2d013cfbc71eb607b2719c80e20f3267.jpg

a6df33c1725e054a65a2c9e1f60b6d39.jpg

Now to start looking at footwear I've decided to go for boot covers as my search for boots has failed miserably

M.J.    415

Caz

Bandolier nice!  well done.

Loving that Blaster.

Dont forget to make those Sleeves a little smaller, its easy when they are already attached, turn inside out pin and sew up to the arm pit. They still look at tad big and floppy.

voltiana    10

Well the build is complete and has been submitted for clearence :-)  Jawa is also going out again at the weekend :-)