Sign in to follow this  
Geekygail

SC pattern

Geekygail    3

Hi all.., I'm just about to start making the inner robe and just wanted to check if I make it using the sc pattern is that ok for 501st approval? The crl and image on there do not have a seam around the waist... i know the sash covers it just worried in case I do it and it doesn't get approved boohoo! Thanks in advance for your comments 

Tuskenfire    23

I'm not sure about that particular pattern. I know that mine doesn't have a seam. It is a continuous piece of the Onesburg. Shoulders have a seam where arms are attached and seam runs the length of the sides. Hope that helps you.

Hi Gail,

I don't think that there is a problem with that pattern as that's the one i am using and if you aren't sure check with your armorer, but so far mine hasn't been turned down, mine was just picked on for just adjustments nothing more and it should be good to go, so i would say you are fine to go ahead.

Ian ..

Geekygail    3

Ah thank you so much... will have a ponder... I've got the onasburg fabric so at least my material is correct... scared I'm going to butcher it with my high school sewing skills hahaha

Tuskenfire    23
Ah thank you so much... will have a ponder... I've got the onasburg fabric so at least my material is correct... scared I'm going to butcher it with my high school sewing skills hahaha

Don't sweat it. The good thing... it's the clothing of s nasty desert warrior/scavenger. You can't butcher that. Mainly because you have to butcher your work anyway to weather it. No one will ever notice. Just keep using the screen references shots and enjoy the process and you'll do fine. Best of luck.

• Like 1

Geekygail    3
17 hours ago, tuscanfire said:

Don't sweat it. The good thing... it's the clothing of s nasty desert warrior/scavenger. You can't butcher that. Mainly because you have to butcher your work anyway to weather it. No one will ever notice. Just keep using the screen references shots and enjoy the process and you'll do fine. Best of luck.

Thank you will do 

Chekur6    108

The SC pattern is the one I used and what matters most is what can be seen once you have it all put together. Think about how things will look once it is all together and what the camera will see. Yes, detail in what can't be seen is very important for most, including myself, but remember you will be wearing an outer robe that will cover at least half and the sash will cover the seam.

You're on the right path so keep asking questions regardless how small and we will keep answering them. That's what make us one of the best detachments in the Legion!  

Geekygail    3

Thanks everyone I decided to go the advanced sewing route and put proper sleeves in... after a lot of tea staining and the rest of the malarkey I got approved today yay! DZ17744 reporting for duty! First Tusken and first female member of the 501st UAE! Sooooo happy! 

Geekygail    3

Here you go... :DZ::DZ: lighting not the best going out to sand dunes soon will put some better ones up... helmet is not as dark as it looks in this 

IMG-20170607-WA0029.jpg

• Like 1