Bobik96

Side Screen?

7 posts in this topic

I see that many cut holes on the sides and cover with screen. Are they covered with wraps?  I cannot see them on any finished builds. 

Some keep them exposed, others cover them when taking pictures. I myself, cut the holes but covered them up semi-permanently as I wasn't a fan of the look of them. With that said, if I ever change my mind, I just need to pull back some of the wrap and glue back down, rather then remove a lot of wrap, cut, etc...

1 person likes this

Mine are uncovered, and barely noticeable. I have to point them out to people, usually. Same color as the wraps, and weathered along with them.

WTRx3cy.jpg

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Bantha Beck said:

Mine are uncovered, and barely noticeable. I have to point them out to people, usually. Same color as the wraps, and weathered along with them.

WTRx3cy.jpg

Wow those blend well. 

On 4/23/2017 at 4:31 PM, Bantha Beck said:

WTRx3cy.jpg

Do those pass 501st guidelines?  They are really good!

My Tusken is 501st approved. There is nothing specific about the side screens in the CRL. Check with your GML to be sure. The side screens let a bit more light in and allow a tiny bit of peripheral vision, but im not sure they make a huge difference. Visibility is still crap. More importantly, paint the inside of the bucket black so the only thing you see is outside. 

2 people like this

7 hours ago, Bantha Beck said:

More importantly, paint the inside of the bucket black so the only thing you see is outside. 

This ^. So much this.