Hi Folks,

I am looking for the consensus on the Godzilla masks, i have seen some people posting up their builds and such but i would like to know what the owners think of them, having looked at the pictures they seem a great mask and look spot on, just thought i would get some other opinions on them since there are a few makers out there.

I currently own a Cruzer helmet which will be up for sale soon as it's a little too tight on my fat head, so looking for an upgrade as soon as i get it sold.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Ian ...

• Like 1

I love mine, it is the most accurate one out there and lots of room for those with a larger head. Also, Adam is awesome to deal with. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply , i finally sold my last tusken helmet, so i now have a Godzilla lid on order and yes you are correct Adam has been a star to deal with and has given me plenty of info on his lid, top guy to deal with.

I am now looking forward to getting my new lid and getting started on it.

The instructions are full of images and should be easy to follow. Looking forward to the build. 

• Like 1

OK, been busy of late and managed to get the helmet completed, i just need to add some weathering to add that desert look, i wish to thank you all for the help and advice you gave me during this build, so here is what it all looked like at various stages of construction.

The kit it's self.

Godzilla%20helmet_zpssccy0ons.jpg

then i started to cut out the marked area's for the eyes tusks and mouth piece.
IMG_5553_zpsxovjyh1z.jpg
Then i added the horns with a little piece of material to give the horn something to sit on, so that i wasn't directly biting in to the latex.
IMG_5555_zpsiqo1ojpg.jpg
then i test fitted the tusks so make sure that i hadn't taken off too much material as at this point i wasn't sure how far through the tusk had to go through.
IMG_5557_zpse28jm5c8.jpg
At this stage i added the eye's to give me a start on how it would turn out with the goop glue holding it on as i wasn't sure how effective it would be but it turned out superb.
IMG_5561_zpsqwsof6kv.jpg
so once the eyes were glued on i then added the tusks and hoped that it all looked right, which in the end it did.
IMG_5564_zpsymnholot.jpg

Then came the part i had been dreading, the mouth, i can now appreciate how difficult it is to get this right as i ended up messing it up and looking for another piece of Material but Adam kindly sent me another piece to replace the part i had messed up, now that is outstanding customer service!!. in the end my fiancee with her nimble little fingers did an outstanding job as i wasn't about to mess up another piece of material and she did an awesome job of getting the mouth to look spot on, in my bias opinion ;-)
mouth%20wrap._zpsr7qngoez.jpg

then i added the cheek pieces and it started to look like something.
IMG_5570_zps2qshxoar.jpg

I didn't get much photo's of the leather work as i was so involved in getting it right i forgot to take pictures as i went along, sorry folks but as you will see in the end pictures it turned out OK and i think it looked good, the fun part was doing the wrapping on the helmet, that is what finally brought it together, and it finally started to look like a Proper Tusken Raider lid.
IMG_5571_zpssen4ihxq.jpg
IMG_5605_zps98jrtxpt.jpg
IMG_5606_zpsujcjyctq.jpg
IMG_5607_zpsdkn46mqp.jpg
IMG_5608_zpsyktvzj0l.jpg

• Like 2

Looking really good, i always admire a great build up thread!

How did you do the backside of your mask? Did you cut out the marked area and if so how did you do the wrapping there?

• Thanks 1

On 10/6/2017 at 11:52 PM, RoCKo said:

Looking really good, i always admire a great build up thread!

How did you do the backside of your mask? Did you cut out the marked area and if so how did you do the wrapping there?

Hello Rodger,

I cut out all the Parts that Adam had marked and i just took my time, as for the back of the mask, all i did was cut strips of fabric and fray them a little prior to gluing them on, i used E6000 for this and did a little at a time, laying one piece down and letting it cure before moving on to the next, i made sure that i tucked all the material under as i went round the bottom of the helmet so to keep it neat and tidy, a little time consuming but worth while in the end. i went with a bicycle helmet liner and cut it down and put that inside the helmet so that my head would sit fine and was secure on my head while wearing it.

I hope this has been of help, i will gladly help in anyway i can.

Ian ...

That helps a lot, thanks!

Could you post some inside shots too, that would make it even more understandable!

Looking good! I love my Godzilla. It is a little bit heavy in the front, but i put some weights in the back and all is good.

• Like 1

20171019_175503_zpsr4eevgow.jpg

20171019_175455_zpsqzgdtbfg.jpg

20171019_175446_zpshzwlzt4x.jpg

20171019_175518_zpspfzi8gfo.jpg

Sorry for the delay but theses are the best i can get from my phone and my Fiancee has my camera at the moment.

if  can be of help just ask away.

Ian ...