Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thebrighton

Weequay - Pagetti Rook

19 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm in the process of putting together this handsome guy:

Weequay.jpg

I've got a few bits together including the mask but am wondering how the CRL is progressing before I commit to certain fabrics etc. The trousers are clear and I have the material to hand to make them but info on the shirt is varied - a light waffle weave or bourette silk. Also the tabard is quoted as being suede or buckskin so I'm definitely going to hold off on this until the CRL clarifies it. I can see the confusion over pouches with photos being flipped etc.

The hands are also a sticking point - they don't appear to have claws but at the moment I can't source any anyway. Could you get away with colouring your own hands and nails?

The Vibro axe is progressing, just waiting for delivery of a modern soaker to back date and then produce the blade.

If anyone has any info or can clarify some of these points it would be most welcome :)

Our rook just shoe polishes his hands.

That's what I'd planned on doing but it looks like the CRL will require latex/silicone ones :(

Silicone hands now ordered from the States. Each day seems to see another bit turn up for either the costume or Vibro-Ax. I need to break out the sewing machine to rustle up the trousers.

Here's a few bits:

Waffle weave for the trousers

weequay%20004_zpsxq6nqxsw.jpg

Boots that need a bit of altering/weathering

weequay%20002_zpsxibrfka6.jpg

And a few bits for the axe

weequay%20001_zpsjw59kdvq.jpg

weequay%20003_zps0vw2qgbl.jpg

weequay%20002_zpsuzpuuxjh.jpg

weequay%20001_zps9qursuad.jpg

Please let me know if any help is required with the CRL.

I always thought this part had 3 washers in the middle and they used the chest rod off the ANH Vader chest box for this part...huh! Shows what I know... lol Great job sourcing the original parts!!!

weequay%20001_zps9qursuad.jpg

More bits getting done each day and more arriving :)

weequay%20001_zpszvmq95ws.jpg

weequay%20002_zpsbibdyo0x.jpg

weequay%20001_zpssy9j6fhy.jpg

The Vibro Axe continues to progress:

axe%20001_zpsixva7h03.jpg

axe%20002_zpskvrdya9v.jpg

The Vibro-Ax is now finished so next step is the costume.

finished axe 001 (800x600).jpg

2 people like this

Hi everyone. Any news on the CRL? My question is if somebody is already working on it or has even sent a proposal to the DL? I really would love to see this character on the CRL board :-)

The CRL is here but it seems to have stalled:

As I've done a commission for a client that I feel is the most accurate done so far I've started to write the CRL using some of her notes( I plan to give her credit as well for gathering the solid outline)

I'm very busy with commissions at the moment so It's a bit slow writing. A few notes though there are no claws if you have the blurays you can clearly see they're not claws. The pouch issue has been caused by some of the film frames being flipped. He only has braids/hair on the one side of his head and that's the left so this is a method of telling if the frame is flipped. I've decided on 2 pouches 1 larger and 1 smaller just like the action figures.

The shirt is not a waffle weave I've used a mock version of a tussah raw silk( the real fabric used for Old Ben's tunic) It's a vertical random ribbed type of fabric.

Pagetti is coming along slowly. The first picture is of the 3D printed belt buckle from Shapeways and the second is after a lot of grinding/sanding to remove the layering effect of the print.

buckle%20001_zpsynwdpjw4.jpg

buckle%20002_zpssqc7c9ft.jpg

After a lot of help from Rob (Woodman) here is where I'm at. A WIP is up and running over at the UK Garrison so it's now down to the CRL ;)

weequay%20006_zpshpqozvwc.jpg

weequay%20004_zpsl5httgxj.jpg

weequay%20002_zpsgbpflh8a.jpg

looking good. :-)

where is the mask from? there are several makers out there already :-)

btw, the shirt looks like the one kithaba is wearing.

You can see, that it is getting tighter at the wrist

Here is mine:

DZ_Kithaba_shirt.png

Cheers, the mask and hands and, indeed shirt and vest were made for me by Woodman on this forum. The shirt is made from material similar but cheaper to tussah raw silk.

Having been given the green light to troop by LMO pending finalisation of the CRL Pagetti had a good reception at the Birmingham MCM Comic Con, our biggest event. I failed though as 2 Jawas have already escaped with another hot on their heals :)

mcm6.jpg.41363c920b86d7b7619426de05f0e15d.jpg

Not sure if I can add this to the 2017 Trooping Incentive as not 'officially' cleared yet,

It took a fair bit of work but I Eric Brager LMO managed to put up with my draft CRL and turn it in to something presentable but he is still working on it and there are a few tweaks still to be made mainly around pouches but at least the CRL is up and running :)