Sign in to follow this  
unclesven

Gamorrean research

So, fixing the nappy. I thought about starting from scratch with the nappy, but at the end of the day I decided against this. The existing foam structure is quite comfortable and it was a lot of work for me to get it working with the strapping and all. So I'm keeping it. I started by skinning the fur from the foam. It was not a pretty sight. For some reason this made me think of the film "A Man Called Horse". Go figure! Next I will add some more foam around the nappy to make it more round and fat. Then I'll put the fur back on. I guess I will also have to buy some more fur to cover the extra foam area. 

20161112_171625_zpspyrtjald.jpg

20161112_181033_zpsyaiqekhe.jpg

Started working on the nappy again. I want it more round and nice. I'm simply adding more foam all around it, and then another layer of foam on the outer layer. This will make it more chunky. This is probably they way I should have done it in the first place. Makes it much easier to achieve that round and plump gammy ass that we all know and love :-) 

20161127_193931_zps050kujdx.jpg

Also I continued working on the axe. I've wanted to make it look more worn. Specifically it should appear more rusty. So I got some iron powder that I glued to the axe using E6000 (but I guess any transparent glue will do). Then I sprayed it with some oxidation liquid (not sure what this is called in English) to make it turn rusty faster. First apply the glue, then spread it out thin (I used some leftover plastic from the TK), then apply the iron powder, then shake off all excessive powder. Once the glue is dried, then apply the spray. The last picture just shows a test I did on a small piece of worbla. 

20161127_194538_zpsq8j5naaa.jpg

20161127_194601_zps2n5bp0qu.jpg

20161127_193948_zpsrmlvnk6f.jpg

20161127_194036_zpsacgsh2tp.jpg

15 hours ago, thejakeman12 said:

AWESOME!!!  You look good enough for a Rancor to eat.

Thanks! I was going for that tasty look :-)

This suit is a never ending story. I've tried out a way to integrate the under tunic in the vest, which makes it much easier to get on and off during a troop. It worked out quite good. It required some velco under the arm where the fabric comes together, but this was not visible once the shoulder pads and everything else was in place. 

Fil%20007_zpsylzo54cx.jpeg

Also I've done some work on the strapping system I have under the suit. This is some foam glued together with straps to hold everything together. At the front is the electronics for the sound including the speaker. The bottom photo shows the inside of the kit. It has three straps in the front, one for each leg + nappy, and the same in the back. There is also a pouch in the back to hold a water bag connected with the mask through a plastic tube. The white plastic in the back are ABS leftovers from my TK, that I used to give myself a humpback look (and make room for the water bag). 

Fil%20001_zpsutgldar1.jpeg

BBAA2D01-EFCC-494B-B497-8C065F08435D_zps

I don't have any good solution for hotlinking, since Photobucket changed their price plan. If anyone has any good alternative for a free hosting service with hotlinking, then please share. 

For the time being, I've put together the pictures in a public google folder. I think I have most of the picture I reference in the build thread here, although the order is a bit scrambled and some of the pictures probably don't make much sense without the text. But anyways... 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwLA-pg3uStySkYtMWczb1lLcFk

cheers

/christian