Rheve

New Pig WIP

After a 6 month wait, and a "runaround" that could have gone on forever, I have finally received my latex and am moving forward! I'm extremely happy with the look of everything.

I'm a big guy (6' and 350lbs) and most of the latex (expecially the legs) is extremely tight. I've had to do a few cuts to the legs to make it actually fit (my calfs are a little on the huge size). All of the cuts will be covered when it's all said and done.

Here's the first fitting with the legs. 
1656409_10208324063208942_55590454079693    1343_10208324063808957_21912704637897106

I'm gonna use a pair of old sandals that I've had for years. You can see the toes of the sandal sticking out under the foot. That toe has been cut off. The Gammy foot will strap under the shoe to hold it down and still.

Working on the nappy. I've got what I think is a good basic shape. Gotta smooth out the foam a little more and then wrap it in fabric. I'm using Super 77 spray adhesive to glue all of the foam together and to glue the fabric to the foam.
56889edfb4b46_20160102_2246532.thumb.jpg

A little more work on this and I think it's ready for fabric. I have the fur on order and it should be here sometime this week.

Question to those of you who have made your own nappy... How did you attach the fur fabric to the nappy? I was thinking about using the Super 77, but it seems like spray adhesive would cause issues with the fur... Tips welcome on this!!!

• Like 1

Looking awesome!  I used spray adhesive.  I also am a puppet maker and use spray adhesive attaching the fur there all the time.  The only issue is doing too many things at once and getting it on the front.  No problem with it on the back of the fur.

Added the padding to the insides of the shoulder armor. Without the padding these look like floppy "silver pancakes""
20160104_220519_zpsawitg44l.jpg
20160104_220535_zpsuo3hevbr.jpg

Also had the fun of dying the monks cloth for the "neck wrap" and under shirt.
20160104_193312_zpsnzq173dj.jpg

Will be adding the fabric to the back of the mask tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to start wrapping the nappy in fabric too. Fur should be in very soon.

Need to find the time to make a trip to Tandy Leather to get some blanks for all of the straps that need to be added...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ericks said:

Where did you get the latex pieces, currently looking for a Gamorrean Guard costume.

I cast 2 sets of mine and still have one set that I have for sale (I can cast more if anyone wants).  Mine are head, hands and feet.  I don't make the arms and legs.  They are easy to make in a size that actually fits you.  $325 +s/h,

1916465_10153476956388152_37210655813276

You can see more pics here:  https://www.facebook.com/arthur.smith.399/media_set?set=a.10153476956313152.1073741915.542023151&type=3

Where did you get the latex pieces, currently looking for a Gamorrean Guard costume.

Ordered them from a guy in the UK. He takes longer than forever and his communication is horrid. The overall product is good. His molds are near end of life and there are many holes in the vinyl. I can pass on more info. Just PM me if you're interested.

Obviously I haven't touched this in quite a while. One of the teeth magically disappeared and I'm trying to source a replacement set. Luke has failed to reply to my emails and messages since January,

I'm going to have to completely redo the nappy as the foam did not hold at all. I'm now thinking of using EVA foam for this as it will easily keep shape and the inside will be a bit more roomy. Looking to make some more progress on this very soon.

17 hours ago, Rheve said:

Looking to make some more progress on this very soon.

Nice! I look forward to following your progress. The picture of your nappy was one of those I used for guide when making my own. It is indeed a bit hard to get the foam right (I'm still working on mine). Keep up the good work. 

Ok so progress has stalled (obviously). The nappy fell apart sitting on the floor. It doesn't seem like it will last long term. I've been kicking around the idea of making the base of the nappy out of EVA foam. I figure I could just shape out the base layer and add the green foam on top of that.

Another problem has arisen... I've lost one of the tusks. They seem to have been put on with hot glue and having the mask on display at a few cons one of the teeth has walked. Thinking about 3D printing replacements. Don't really have another option at this point.

Thoughts? Would love to get this done by Celebration. I have all of the parts, just need to get it going.

I can potentially help on the tusk if you want latex instead of something hard. Just take a pic of the existing one with a ruler so I can get an idea.  Is the other one removable too?  It would be easier to do 2 than to try to match an existing one.  Or hmmm... you could send me the existing one, I could make a mold of it and send you all the copies you want! lol

And to anyone wanting to join us, I can still cast the mask, hands and feet!!