BJV_SithHappens

Dye and Tea Stain assistance (Inner/Outer Robes

Thank you so much for the procedure and the details, it has taken so much doubt out of my next steps.

On 2/7/2016 at 1:51 AM, Chekur6 said:

Thank you so much for the procedure and the details, it has taken so much doubt out of my next steps.

No problem... if you want better results you can always leave the robes and rags in the same tub for a couple of hours to let the dye stain more... now weathering takes many and many of hours and multiple times of letting it dry and then adding more coffee and tea squirts from a bottle.. I used a combination of methods. Spray fabric dye, Coffee.. Textured spray paint to add fleck of (simulated) sand and painted over it... Dark espresso (Cafe Bustello) grinds mixed with black and Tan Dye... I am actually continuously doing this when I am not trooping. It is a layered process... you dye then dry then squirt where you want it to get darker. When I started i just imaged from the many movies I have seen where the sweat stains on a persons body would be and concentrated the weathering there. 

I know it would be easier to throw it on the floor run it through the mud... but you have to remember that when you go visit the kids in the hospital or comicons events do you really want to expose them to that nastiness... I know I don't... 

Just a thought.

• Like 1

Thanks for the added advice. I also see that is would be best to have it look dirty rather than be dirty, not only for those around but for the one who has to wear it, me

I mix Sanka and water and put it in a spray bottle. I don't have to make as much coffee that way.