26 posts in this topic

Just thought I would say hello. I'm researching my options to purchase a Gamorrean Guard and figured I might as well post a quick hello.

I'm an EIB TK in the 501st and wookiee (Tarfful) in the Rebel Legion. Although I have a fairly finished Death Trooper and Sith Acolyte, I have not had those approved yet. Might end up selling some other bits (I have a Revan mask and armor) to get this started.

Cheers,

Steve

Dallas, TX

1 person likes this

Hello there!

I always like the GG builds. They're a level I just can't fathom.

Welcome to the desert, comrade! [tusken2][jawa2]

Thank you both for the welcome. I know the heat won't be a surprise as I'm a human fountain wearing a wookiee kit and 18" stils (which put me at 7'10").

Just need to get the funds in the right place so I can start this off.

Here's Peter and I a little while ago (to give you an idea of size).

255723_4773230129956_132486403_n.jpg

Hello and welcome aboard, good luck with the build

Building your own or starting with purchased parts?

Hi ya Steve and Welcome!!! love the Wookie!

Thanks guys! I have talked to the good people at http://www.dextarfx.com/ and believe I am going to go that route.

Just need to save up a few bucks. If anyone wants a Darth Revan mask and body armor, I may start with selling that.

Even considering selling my Death Trooper.

Do they do kits or the whole pig?

Do they do kits or the whole pig?

The entire costume. I have contacted both them and Luke in the U.K.

To the best of my knowledge, these are the two options availble for complete costumes.

Welcome to the Krayt Clan forums Steve!  It'll be great to have another piggie on board!

For overall accuracy, I'd go with Luke.

I still don't have a trained eye yet to what would constitute passable for 501st in regards to gamorrean guards, but would both be passable or are there particular details that you are aware of that would make you choose Luke?

Just overall look really.  I've really looked into all the options. I'm sure you could get a DextarFX suit to pass.  No problem with dextarfx, just thought Luke's masks had a better shape and better overall proportions. 

Helmet comparison:

Dextarfx

5227781637_dcc93e5a54.jpg

Luke:  This was my kit as I received it.

gam1.jpg

Overall suits:

DextarFx

4929236135_980681b58c.jpg

Luke's:  Same suit, various users.  All comes down to fit, how you wear the parts and weather you're doing any modifications.

n758145590_3634537_5563.jpg

Andy2002.jpg

029.jpg

BpoFqkgB2kKGrHqIH-EIEuYPO7U19BLsNZhTtRQ_

215096_215187698492460_100000036956310_9

My suit:  Now I've repainted, remade the diaper, leather vest, leather strapping, new strapping system and modified every part, but I've had my suit for 2 years.

geek-1.jpg

jabba.jpg

This is how it arrived:

P8020779.jpg

P8020778.jpg

Dude those both look great! We have a GG in the squad, and he gets much attention when he comes out. Who is the Revan armor maker you talked about?

Dude those both look great! We have a GG in the squad, and he gets much attention when he comes out. Who is the Revan armor maker you talked about?

That must be Greg.  I keep in contact with him.  He bought some of my weapons.

The Revan mask and armor is from Big_Water99 on eBay: http://myworld.ebay.com/big_water99.

I had comissioned a lady to do the cloak and other soft parts, but she took my money and ran. Even in this 501st community, there are still some people you have to look out for. Since I have a TK, wookiee, death trooper and a band and full-time day job, I am running out of space at home and time to work on too many costumes (although the gamorrean guard is something I WILL DO!). So, with that, I am going to sell the mask and body armor, hand plates and forearms for Revan. They've never been trooped in.

Dex is half way through building my GG as we speak. The beauty of his suit is that he builds it to fit you :)

We have one in our Garrison already and it was approvable "out of the box".

1 person likes this

I can't seem to find anyone that sells this outfit.  Does anyone know where I could buy one.  I just don't have the skills to build from scratch

I know one maker of gamoreans in uk

Enviado do meu LG-D335E através de Tapatalk

Luke Kaye in UK sells them.  He can be found on Facebook.  The molds were getting pretty bad, he was suppose to be having new molds made.

Does anyone else make these suits? Kits? 

Not at this time, unfortunately.  It is, however, on the " to do" list for Chris Stephens in the U.K.  He'll be sculpting and latex casting the green parts.  I don't know a timeline.  Because it's not a direct commission, the paying customers come first.  I'd like to think he would get it started sometime this summer.  I plan on making my 3rd suit from his parts.