Guest tk7602

female mask reference photos

17 posts in this topic

from the boston SW exhibit:

normal_IMG_8736.JPG

normal_IMG_9848.JPG

normal_IMG_9843.JPG

normal_IMG_9845.JPG

notice that they eyes are mesh, not a reflective visor :)

These are some pictures from Celebration 2 - in the LFL Archive room. I was able to score some private time in there and could take some nice pics. I will get some more while in Ohio for the Science of Star Wars exhibit.

DSC00215.jpg

DSC00216.jpg

DSC00222.jpg

DSC00221.jpg

DSC00223.jpg

The C2 archives room version mask has different coloring and the robe isn't frayed at each layer like the other version. Interesting.

I noticed that too. I wonder if it could be the same piece but someone threw it into the wash. My robes get the same way.

The time frame would be right. And the seams line up. hmmmmm

I'll get some more pics in Ohio.

the one in boston right now also has a different "purse"

normal_IMG_8742.JPG

it could also be that the shawl part of the costume is inside-out on one of the displays.

the celebration one looks like the "good" side is facing out (cut edges on the inside), where the mos one has the "bad" side facing out.

it could also be that the shawl part of the costume is inside-out on one of the displays.

the celebration one looks like the "good" side is facing out (cut edges on the inside), where the mos one has the "bad" side facing out.

This is an interesting theory, but I think I saw one of the female Tuskens in AOTC with the non-frayed robes. This is a bad reference shot, but I think it shows no frayed edges:

039_tcgsr.jpg

It's interesting to see in the close-ups that the metal mask is actually a COPPER colour, with BRONZE detailing work (plus weather). All of the fan-made masks that I've seen have been painted gold....

i scanned pics of tusken that i found in books i have. i hope it is OK if i post them here. feel free to remove them if it is not OK! (The pics are of male, female and kids)

Tuskenpaar.jpg

Tuskenfrau.jpg

Tuskenkind1.jpg

this pics are from the "Dressing a Galaxy" Book:

FemaleTusken1.jpg

Tuskenfrau1.jpg

Tusken1.jpg

Tusken2.jpg

Fantastic reference pictures! These are going to help me in my future as a Sandperson! :D:DZ:

I just did these reference pics. I think it is interesting that in the movie the Female Tuskens are shown with the shawl both ways.

tuskenaotcref3.jpg

tuskenaotcref2.jpg

The one in the front has the shawl without the fringe and the one in the back does have fringe.

Very 8) , indeed...

Maybe it's like a personal preference kinda thing within Tusken culture... or maybe it has a deeper cultural meaning... whatever the case may be... still very 8) ...

=Cam=

According to Trisha Biggar, "The hero pieces are made in polyester resin impregnated with different metal powders." (from Dressing a Galaxy).

does anyone have a pattern for the shawl part? having real problems sewing this part

I don't think there is a pattern out there. 

Dean Plantamura made one of the first female tuskens to appear on the KC forums and shared this pic to show how he did it.

femaleshroud.jpg

While that image give me ideas, I found that it did not work for me.   I recommend buying the cheapest fabric you can and play with it.  I made a tube that fit as I liked.  I cut it into strips then added a seam allowance to account for the overlap.  Then I used those strips and cut my costume fabric.

This is my photobucket album for my build and reference pics.  The shawl was hard to make. Real hard, but I have zero training in the sewing arts so I started at a deficit.  Beyond these pics, the best I can offer is my best wishes.

http://s837.photobucket.com/albums/zz292/Berzerker_9223/Tusken%20Raider%20-%20Female%20Build/

1 person likes this

I got the  hood ok but the shawl was a pain in the butt doing it this way! I made it a little bigger than I needed it and it still shrank when I went to dye it in  cold tea! NOw I have to find monks cloth again and make a new  shawl! :(

Diana