Jump to content

Iggy

Krayt Clan Members
  • Content count

    12
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Iggy last won the day on October 23

Iggy had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About Iggy

  • Rank
    Member

501st Information

  • 501st ID
    29992
  • Name
    Reese
  1. I used barge cement for the bottom flap as I didn’t notice any stitching visible on the museum photos. The bottom could be stiched, but I simply glued the bottom flap permanently to the body form.
  2. Ask and you shall receive: I am working on a template for these soon, but for now: I punched a ton of holes into strips: And threaded a leather cord through: And tied it off on the end:
  3. Stormtrooperguy's 3D printed mask

    The only thing I am noticing is that the nose piece may be a little small and too far back. You could also add windows to the sides for peripheral vision. I ended up cutting mine in after printing, but it would have been cleaner if it was in the file. Looking forward to seeing the results of the print.
  4. Krayt Clan Access (Includes 501st access)

    Requesting Krayt Clan Access! https://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=14894 DZ-29992 Access approved. Added to 501st roster.
  5. Question on sealing work

    Anytime you coat aluminum it will dull the look. Honestly though, Tuskens are out in the sand all day. I am not sure why we don't have sandblasted finishes on our metal parts. What are you sealing for vinyl?
  6. I will also be working on my neck scarf and seeing if I can either sew an infinity scarf out of it to look like these photos, or attach to the very bottom of my helmet because the AOTC shots don't show the gap like the ANH ones do. After the massacre by Skywalker, the Tuskens because disheveled and unkempt. They no longer had the vast numbers and their seamstresses that they couldn't take care of their robes. Their bands around their masks also because more loose and unkempt over time.
  7. Thanks for the replies! @Tuskenfire For the robe, it looks like the arms are hemmed: The front panel is also such. The bottom though appears tattered in this one above, but hemmed in this one below: Sadly, this one isn't very weathered at all other than the helmet: The arm wraps also look like they are tucking in the robe in that one, which is weird. Because this is AOTC, there aren't that many because most of the scenes are very dark, so I am going based on CRL and the few photos I have found.
  8. Hmmm. Not a single reply. I guess these forums are pretty dead right now. Perhaps with all of the links going to photobucket, people aren't visiting the forums as much. Anywho...so I'll skip a few steps. I made a pattern for the custom AOTC pouches and cut enough for 5 of them out for the chest bandolier. This is what each pouch ended up like: Helmet in progress: Progress shot. I still needed to cut the length down in this shot and weather the robes but it is coming along!
  9. 501st Access Requests

    Requesting 501st access http://501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=14894 Thanks! Done!
  10. Well, here it goes. First things first, I am going to be sewing everything myself and scratch-building the rest along with some help from my 3d printer. I purchased the helmet file for the male tusken and found some nice eye/blood spitter files on Thingiverse and began printing. All of the fabric was purchased in 2 lumps. I found an awesome seller on ebay with a herringbone pattern fabric that will be great for the AOTC tusken. I just love the pattern and look of the AOTC tuskens. The other lump was ordered from fabric.com and I got a bunch of cotton gauze for wraps, natural / darker tan denims, and some monk cloth for the wife's female tusken. Here is the start to the mask: (Printing in PLA) All parts printed out: Taping everything together was pretty easy. I glued using all purpose PVC, ABS, etc. glue used in plumbing which bonds this plastic really well. Test fit I went ahead and glued everything except for the tooth part. That is just sitting there in the photo. Next up boots! I shredded up a ton of denim for the boots. I like the look of denim on these and it will hold up a bit better that the cotton gauze on the boots (some AOTC photos show cotton gauze or crinkle cotton used on boots, others seem to show denim based...just depends on which tusken you look at). I don't like rain boots that much, but I may make the move. I used some inexpensive cloth boots. This took a ton of e6000. My wife had some rain boots, and I used barge cement which worked a LOT faster for those. Then I weathered them up with some dye left over from dying my gloves. Robe: It is hard to see the texture on this, but I tried to capture it. It is a raised texture for the herringbone pattern. The pattern was going the wrong way on the fabric so I couldn't use just one piece. I had to use the pattern from Studio Creations: ttp://www.studiocreations.com/howto/tuskenraider/main.html That is it for now, but a ton more to come.
×